These natural ear candles can be used to ease ear ache and relieve congested sinuses, in a gentle and natural way. Made with pure cotton, beeswax and a dash of aromatherapy oils, these ear candles will help you to clear impurities from your ear canal, leaving you feeling clear-headed and cleansed. Ear candling is a time-honoured homeopathic remedy for ear and sinus problems; a natural alternative to harsh nasal sprays and synthetic medications.
Ear candling (also called coning or thermo-auricular therapy) is a practice that dates all the way back to ancient Greek and Egyptian cultures. Ear candles are slender, hollow tubes that create a gentle vacuum in the ear canal as they heat up, causing a suction that pulls wax and trapped bacteria up into the base of the candle. Ear candling also loosens up wax, debris and impurities as the ear canal warms up.
Benefits of ear candling:
- Reduces excessive wax build-up
- Relieves sinus congestion & headaches
- Helps to draw out debris, candida, fungus & infection from the ear canal & Eustachian tube
- Cut a hole in the middle of a paper plate, which you will need to “thread” the ear candle and to catch the ash.
- The patient should lie comfortably on one side, with the paper plate laid over the ear to protect the face from wax and ash.
- Hold the ear candle vertically and place one end into the plastic cap provided.
- Place the capped end gently into the ear canal, through the hole in the paper plate.
- Light the opposite end of the candle and allow the flame to burn down. The flame should be trimmed at regular intervals.
- When the flame is between 5 and 10cm away from the patient’s face, remove the ear candle and extinguish it in a bowl of water.
- Repeat the process on the other ear.
- Do not attempt ear candling without the help of someone with ear candling experience, such as your homeopath.
- Follow instructions carefully and avoid inserting an ear candle too far into your ear canal.
- Not suitable for those who have recently undergone any ear, nose or throat surgery.
- Not suitable for those with tubes in their ears or those with any bleeding of the ear.
Ear candling is not approved by the FDA and is frowned upon by many medical circles. It still remains as a widely used parctice amongst alternative medicine. The practice persists as there are many that feel the benefits. If you are unsure of the product, please consult your doctor or healer first; or do your research.